Wednesday 4 August 2010

Faith or No Faith?

Faith is a weird thing...sometimes I find myself feeling one hundred percent certain that there really is something out there, something all knowing...and so on....maybe not "God" as  I find that "God" from the Bible is too...simple. Maybe, too cliche is the word better to describe it-he is ego less all compassionate, all knowing...and so on...yet...if he is all that...then why does he watch his "children" suffer as we all are? Why does he let us go to war with each other, and do so many terrable things? And yet, Christianity has so many people believing in this "God"...maybe he is there?

Personally, I am a mixture of Spirituality (God), Shamanism (Great Spirit) and Celtic (Various different gods). Somewhere in the middle of all that...there is a great spirit/god that overseas more Earthbound beings of a god like nature, only they have an ego.
If that were the case, it would explain the "Voice of God" that so many people say to have heard, explains the energy that cannot be measured, only felt and seen by some, but also explains why this world isn't perfect, and why not everything goes to plan.

Ocasionaly I find myself slipping from faith...so many times I ask for a sign, ask for guidance..or something of that nature, and it all goes un-heard, un-answered, and I am left thinking "Why do I bother?". Other people say I'm mad, others say I'm following a false dream...and yet, there are always those little things that go "OI! Look at me! Am I not proof enough for you?" ... Like a Tarot Card reading that was completely accurate - for  past, present and future - or a dream you have, that some time later happens in real life.
At other times, when my faith begins to slip, I go onto a forum for like minded people, and just reading their opinions and experiances makes me think "You know what, maybe there is something out there.".

So if someone asks me proof of this great being that no one can see, I honestly can't answer that-there is no proof, only your own beliefs and opinions. And even when you have this un-deniable stroy of truth and evidence, the person asking wil still doubt it, even if you can show him-it will be coincedence only.
Maybe it is only coincedence, but for that person who beleive's, it is helping them to get by whatever life throws at him...and who knows...maybe it is real evidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment